Privacy Statement & Disclaimer
The Jersey Child Care Trust (The Data Controller) is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what we do with it. This policy sets out how we collect, process, retain and disclose your personal data.
Your privacy is important to us and therefore we ensure your data is collated, stored and processed in a fair and secure manner. We will offer you choices about the way you are contacted and will be clear about how we use your information.
All personal data (including special category data for specific services) is processed in accordance with the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 for the purposes of providing you with a service you have requested or for you to participate in activities we are organising. Examples of services and activities include:
- Childcare options
- Nursery Funded Places
- Special Needs Inclusion Project
- Nanny Accreditation
- Training opportunities
- Fundraising activities and events including competitions
- Employment opportunities
- Student and Volunteer opportunities
- Social media
- Seeking your views or comments on the services we provide
We will in most cases require your consent to process information for the above purposes and occasionally we may process your information for legitimate interests, medical purposes, performance of a contract or compliance with a legal obligation.
We collect personal data including special category data which:
- you provide to us and/or
- you give specific consent for a professional to provide to us.
To ensure that the information we hold is accurate and up-to-date, please let us know promptly of any change to your contact details by emailing us on email@example.com
We only hold your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
Personal information we collect about you, other than specified in the paragraph below will not be disclosed to any third parties except if required by Law; by order of the Court; or to protect the safety of a data subject. For examples, we have a duty to share personal information with professional agencies but only when there is a child protection or safeguarding concern.
The Jersey Child Care Trust has no knowledge of, or access to, any banking information that you submit to our JustGiving donation page. Any transactions made on the JustGiving website are made over a secure link. The information which we have access to, unless you have elected to remain anonymous, is your name, email address and the amount donated. This information will only be used to claim Jersey Gift Aid on donations over £50 for any online donations or any R10 forms in relation to manual donations https://www.justgiving.com/
Links to other websites
Our site may contain links to other websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
If you want to change your cookie choice please click Manage Cookies
Controlling Your Personal Information
- When you fill in a form on our website, look for the box that you can tick to indicate your consent to the collection, storage and processing of that particular data.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to receive communications, you can change your mind at any time and either unsubscribe or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please remember, you have a right to:
- access the personal information which we hold about you and be provided with details regarding the purpose for which it is held and the period which it is held;
- correct your personal data;
- withdraw your consent for the purpose for which the information is held but this may affect the service(s) we can provide to you;
- erase personal data from our records, in certain limited circumstances;
- restrict our processing of your data in certain circumstances;
- raise a concern with the Jersey Child Care Trust about our handling of your personal information. If you are not satisfied with the result of your enquiry, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner, T: +44 1534 716530 E: email@example.com, Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner, 2nd Floor, 5 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3BT.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or our website, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative Contact Information:
The Jersey Child Care Trust
15 Union Street
Tel: +44 (0)1534 629901.