We accredit and promote the employment of nannies who have met our professional standards, better safeguarding children.
- benefits nannies, employers and children
- is recognised by The Tax Office and Income Support so parents who are eligible may apply for Childcare Tax Relief or the Childcare Component of Income Support
Accredited Nannies are:
- Qualified (professional qualifications, First Aid and Safeguarding Trained)
- DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service – Police check)
- Background and reference checked
- Insured (both for personal liability and motor)
- Read through the process
- Complete online form (at step 2)
- The Accreditation fee is £60 (and thereafter an annual renewal fee of £28)
Step 1: Qualification Prerequisites
To qualify for accreditation, you must hold one of the following:
- Level 3 in childcare and early years;
- Level 2 in childcare and early years (subject to meeting additional criteria);
- Alternative relevant qualifications may be considered (subject to meeting additional criteria).
Step 2: Complete Application Form
Complete our nanny accreditation application form. This can either be printed or completed as an interactive PDF and emailed to us.
Step 3: Appointment with the JCCT
Once we receive your completed application, we will be in touch to arrange an initial appointment to meet with you at our offices at Pip’s Place.
Step 4: Visit to Your Place of Work
When your application is in the final stages, we will arrange for Fiona Vacher (Executive Director of the JCCT) to visit you at your place of work. You will be asked about your daily routine, learn more about the value of being an Accredited Nanny and have support to plan your professional development for the year ahead.
Step 5: Awarded Accreditation
If you are a successful applicant, you will receive a certificate of Accreditation in the post within two weeks of your workplace visit.
Help us raise more smiles
With your support, we can help more children and families when it matters most.